Introduction to Blind Feature
The Blind feature in virtual environments is a unique component that dramatically alters the visual experience. It creates an effect where the entire environment darkens, except for a spotlight illuminating the area above the avatar’s head. By equipping Object A with the Blind component, avatars can trigger this effect, plunging the surroundings into darkness while highlighting their own presence.
How to Implement the Blind Feature
Steps for Activating Blind
- Selecting the Asset: Begin by choosing an asset from the left panel. (Refer to attached image ① for guidance).
- Placing Assets on Terrain: Position your selected assets on the terrain. (See attached image ② for reference).
- Accessing Component List: Once the asset is selected on the terrain, a component list will be displayed on the right panel. (Refer to attached image ③).
Configuring the Blind Component
4. Choose Blind Component: From the right panel, select the Blind component.
5. Setting Timer and Light Range: Adjust the timer for the duration of the blind effect and the range of the lights using the slider. The timer function can be disabled for a continuous effect, activating the blinds each time the avatar contacts the target object.
6. Testing the Setup: Click the test button in the upper right corner to verify the Blind settings in a test play.
7. Experiencing Blind in Test Play: During test play, when the Avatar interacts with the target object (trigger activated), the area above the avatar’s head will be illuminated while the rest of the environment darkens. This function will activate and deactivate repeatedly with each contact.