Introduced on November 8, 2023, and further refined by December 12, 2023, the ‘Rotation’ feature has become a significant tool in the realm of gaming and interactive design. This feature allows for the dynamic action of “horizontal rotation” to be applied to target objects within a game environment.
Functionality of Rotation
The Rotation component brings to life the aspect of animated movement in gaming. By equipping Object A with the Rotation component, the object is enabled to perform a continuous “horizontal rotation” at its placement point. This feature not only enhances the visual appeal of the game but also offers new interactive possibilities for game design.
How to Use the Rotation Feature
Integrating the Rotation feature into your game is straightforward. Follow these steps to implement it:
- Selecting the Asset: Choose the asset you wish to animate from the left panel (refer to attached image ① for guidance).
- Placing the Asset: Position your selected asset within the game terrain (illustration available in attached image ②).
- Component List Access: Upon selecting the asset on the terrain, a list of components will appear in the right panel (as shown in attached image ③).
- Choosing the Rotator Component: From the right panel, select the ‘Rotator’ component.
- Setting Rotation Speed: Adjust the rotation speed of the Rotator to your liking.
- Testing the Feature: Click the ‘test’ button located in the screen’s upper right corner to confirm the settings of the rotator in a test play.
- Observing the Rotation: The object will then rotate at the pre-set speed and angle, demonstrating the rotator’s effect.
Conclusion and Call to Action
The Rotation feature represents a leap forward in interactive game design, offering new avenues for creating dynamic and engaging game environments. Its ability to add fluid, continuous motion to objects enhances the realism and immersion of game worlds.
Game developers and designers are encouraged to incorporate this feature into their projects to discover the full potential of animated elements in their games. Experiment with the Rotation component to bring your gaming environments to life!